About Hope City KC
Hope City is a house of prayer and community center that seeks to bring social justice to the inner city of Kansas City through 24/7 prayer and missions. From the place of prayer a Community Center feeds the hungry, the Trade-Off-Program helps the addicts, the Youth Program is provided for at-risk kids, and Internships equip men and women to minister in the inner city.
Jesus who is the King of Social Justice said in Luke 18, “that we are to cry out night and day for justice to come to the earth.” Hope City is located in one of Kansas City’s toughest neighborhoods known for high gang violence, murder, and poverty. Daily we are confronted with real life scenarios where those who have been marginalized by society are forced into desperate situations.
We are given the opportunity to show the love of Jesus in word and deed and bring HOPE to the city. We see the life changing power of God’s love and presence working everyday.
- Between 700,000 and 2 million homeless in America.
- America has one the highest homicide rates in the nations.
- Hope City is located in one of Kansas City’s toughest neighborhoods, its murder rate peaking at highs competing with murder rates in other big cities in America.
- Over 17,000 homeless every year in Kansas City.
- 17% of Kansas City lives in poverty.
- Kansas City had the second highest rate of violent crime at 1,263 incidents per 100,000 residents in 2012.
- Unemployment in America’s inner city regularly reaches 40%.